ecoDa, EuropeanIssuers and BusinessEurope are delighted to invite you to their join online event.
The topics of Corporate Governance and Due Diligence are of key importance at EU level. This event aims at feeding the debate to discuss the role of directors in creating long-term value.
9:30 - 9:35 Welcome: Michel de Fabiani, Chair of ecoDa’s Policy Committee
9:35 - 9:45 How companies should articulate their long-term strategy? Luc Vansteenkiste, Chairman EuropeanIssuers
9:45 - 11:15 Table 1: Long-term creation: Towards a stakeholders' oriented-capitalism? Moderated by Odile de Brosses, Chair of the Policy Committee EuropeanIssuers
- Introduction: Corporate interest: a legal myth?
- Testimonies: Companies in action: Cyril Rolling, Legal Department of L’Oréal
- Discussion: Should all stakeholders be put on a closer footing with shareholders? Gorazd Podbevšek, Chair of the Slovenian Directors’ Association; Marcello Bianchi, Vice Director general at Assonime; a MEP (tbc).
11:15 - 12:20 Table 2: Is a paradigm shift in terms of accountability needed? Moderated by Sandra Gobert, Guberna
- Introduction: From a controlling role towards a more incentive role of shareholders
- Testimony: How investors can instill more transparency in ESG matters? Isabelle Cabie, Global Head of Responsible Development, Candriam
- Discussion: What sharing of responsibilities and what accountability systems in companies of tomorrow ? Lara Wolters, MEP; Leena Linnainmaa, Directors’ Institute Finland; Philippe Lambrecht, BusinessEurope
12:20 - 12:30 Speech: Maija Laurila, Head of Unit, DG.JUST.A.3
12:30 - 12:40 Concluding remarks: Michel de Fabiani
Please note that we may take pictures/screenshots and/or make video/audio recordings at this event. By registering to the event, you give the co-organisers the right to use such material for non-commercial purposes, including the posting of photos and/or videos on their website.