Earn 1 AIA LU.
We review the characteristics that best describe architectural IMPs including the myriad design options available. Topics such as finishes and coatings, trimless ends, folded corners, variable reveals, segmented curves, running bond patterns, sunscreens and integrated windows are reviewed. Structural support considerations including stud walls and tube steel are studied, as well as the importance of maintaining proper wall alignment. The installation process is also reviewed using an animated video to provide step-by-step guidance. Air, water, vapor and thermal control layers are studied along with code compliance. Product and installation warranties are highlighted before wrapping up with a look at IMP sustainability and transparency.
- Understand the characteristics that best describe architectural insulated metal panels and their design options.
- Visualize the installation process of insulated metal panels.
- Recognize the factors affecting panel spans, and the relationship of these factors to structural supports.
- Knowledge of IMP code compliance and how IMP provide all necessary air, water, vapor, and thermal control layers through a single component.
- Be able to differentiate between the various paint, corrosion, panel and weathertight warranties available with IMPs.