After attending this program, participants will be able to:
• Describe the use of feeding protocols and their effects on neonatal nutrition in the NICU.
• Discuss the role of human milk oligosaccharides and their influence on the infant gut microbiome and the prevention of dysbiosis.
• Explore self-care techniques that will assist in stress management and improve coworker interactions.
• Discuss the clinical utilization of probiotics in the NICU, including safety concerns and implementation strategies.
• Summarize and critically review emerging research on the Eat Sleep Console method for infants with neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS).
RN CE credit: 6.0
RD CPEU credit: 6.0