Join representatives from Feet First Philly, Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha, and Get Healthy Philly for this FREE online training designed to support community leaders and organizers with a common interest in safe, accessible, and attractive spaces for walking and rolling. If you are interested in organizing your community to understand and address assets and barriers to walking for recreation and/or transportation this training is for you!
This "How to Do a Walk Audit" virtual training will provide skills and information to help you evaluate your community for barriers and assets to support walking and rolling.
The 90-minute session will include:
- components of a walk audit
- tips on what to do before, during, and after the audit
- a virtual walk audit of a neighborhood in Eastern North Philadelphia
- information on pedestrian advocacy opportunities in Philadelphia
- information on funding opportunities to support walkable communities work
We originally hoped to hold this training in person, but circumstances have changed during the COVID-19 pandemic. While we believe you can use these skills to evaluate walkability individually in your community now, we hope you'll follow public health officials' recommendations to practice social distancing during this time, and wait until it is safe to put the group elements of this training to practice.
Please register and join us for this unique training opportunity for walkable community advocates!