The HEPReady® Essentials Webinar is designed for health and community workers who want an overview of viral hepatitis and liver health. This session will run for approximately two and a half hours (including a ten minute break) and features a powerful account of a lived experience speaker. It will also help you gain valuable insight into privacy and disclosure requirements associated with viral hepatitis.
What will be covered:
- Functions of the liver
- Viral hepatitis and disease progression
- Hepatitis A, B and C : prevalence, transmission, risky behaviour, testing and treatment
- A lived experience speaker
- Stigma and discrimination
- COVID-19 and liver health
- Case studies: conducting sensitive conversations with clients
Attendees will also be given access to our online learning portal equipped with exclusive Essentials educational resources.
The training is free however if you wish to receive a certificate endorsed by the Australian Primary Healthcare Nurses Association (APNA), $60 (including GST) will be charged. Invoices will be emailed to businesses/individuals.