Join LSVA and Veterinary Cardiologist, Katie Meier, DVM, DACVIM (Cardiology), for a quick and practical lesson on Chagas disease! In this one-hour session, we’ll review the lifecycle, transmission, and prevalence of the deadly parasite, Trypanosoma cruzi. Then we’ll discuss which diagnostic tests and treatments are available to you, to identify and manage Chagas disease in your canine patients. Invite your whole team to listen live as we shed light on an often-overlooked disease.
• Recent studies show that T. cruzi had higher seroprevalence across Texas shelter dogs than heartworm.
• Learn the distribution, mechanism of infection, and lifecycle of T. cruzi, the parasitic cause of Chagas disease
• Understand how to identify possible infection and how to confirm the diagnosis
• Evaluate and prioritize treatment options for every patient
• 1 hour CE
• Complete digital course notes delivered by email
• Webinar log-in information provided by email
• Access to session recordings for 30 days following completion of workshop*
**Please note: In accordance with RACE approval requirements for an “interactive distance” CE program, attendees must log into the workshop live in order to receive CE credit.