A Learning Event for Hotels, Tourism and Travel
The fourth annual Asian-based sustainability-focused learning event PHIST 2021 will take place in a dynamic virtual setting on 28th October. Organized in Phuket, Thailand with speakers from across the region. PHIST (Phuket Hotels for Islands Sustaining Tourism) has established itself as a leading forum in Asia for sustainable tourism, environmental education for hotels as well as advocacy in best practices and education.
This special, high-velocity main event is a one-hour plus is a series of candid virtual conversations with leading sustainability experts. Expect a deep dive into present-day trends and learn how the impact of the ongoing pandemic and beyond will undoubtedly change the travel and tourism universe we have come to know. What we now know in a Covid-19 world is that we must learn to navigate our daily lives in an entirely new way.
On the day before PHIST 2021, we will be presenting four, one-hour, topical-focused environmental masterclasses that will be available free online.
• Ho Kwon Ping – Founder and Executive Chairman of Banyan Tree Holdings and Laguna Resorts and Hotels
• Jesper Palmqvist – Area Director Asia Pacific, STR
• Anthony Lark – President, Phuket Hotels Association
• Matawee Mujchapan – Operations Manager, Centara Hotels & Resorts
• Marcia Yu – Senior Investment Manager, IFC (International Finance Corporation)
• Aliza Napartivaumnuay – Co-Founder & CEO, Socialgiver
• Nikhom Jensiriratanakorn – Director, Horwath HTL
• Luca Dotti – Founder & Managing Director, HOMA
• Conor Brannum - Sustainability Officer, HOMA
• Student Presenters – Asian Institute of Hospitality Management (AIHM)/La Roches
• Eric Ricaute – Founder, Greenview
• Bill Barnett – Managing Director, C9 Hotelworks
Phuket Hotels Association
T: +668 7468 8588