Prior to World Autism Awareness Day, Autism-Europe will be hosting the “I can LEARN. I can WORK” webinar, as a part of its long-running awareness campaign.
Autistic people and their families, autism organisations, professionals, employers, EU policy-makers and the general population are called to make part of this collaborative event.
The release of the European Disability Strategy for 2021-2030 and the action plan for the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights, as well as the announcement of the Child Guarantee are markinthe first months of 2021. These landmarks to support the rights of people with disability in the EU will set the pace for our campaign actions, as access to education and employment for autistic people have a strong presence within these instruments.
This webinar will voice AE's demands and key messages based on common needs across Europe, and will also highlight the importance of:
• Having a holistic approach to autism as access to education and employment are linked;
• Supporting the implementation of the European Disability Strategy 2021-2030 that supports access to employment and quality education;
• Supporting the implementation of the European pillar of Social Rights and the Work Life Balance directive (an important instrument for carers’ leave) at national level;
• Advocating for a EU guidelines on reasonable accommodation, so that all types of accessibility needs are taken into consideration.
• Advocating for adequate use of EU funds to support inclusion
• Advocating for an adequate response to the COVID-19 emergency that leaves no one behind; etc.
The webinar will be in English only.
AE is calling autistic people and their families to participate by submitting a short video testimonial to be featured during the webinar. Videos can be submitted until Sunday 28th March 2021 (23:59 CET):