Humans are simply not built to manage the stressors of the 21st century. Now more
than ever each of us needs to become our own expert in how to reduce stress when
possible, and how to turn off the stress response when needed. In this interactive
workshop, participants will learn to relate to and reach for music as a tool for self care,
rather than education or entertainment.
Measurable behaviors that the workshop attendee will demonstrate or achieve:
1. Participants will learn the “big 5” benefits of using for stress management
2. Participants will discover 3 ways to interact with music to achieve these benefits
3. Participants will experience the power of rhythm and understand why rhythm connects
us to ourselves and each other so effortlessly.
Outline of the presentation:
1. Rhythmic experiential opening to prove that all participants “are” rhythmic.
2. Discussion of the effects of music through a bio-psycho-social-spiritual prism
3. Discussion of the “big 5” benefits of using for stress management
4. Discussion of the 3 types of interventions for stress management
5. Discussion of resources for making music independently
Length of Workshop: 60 minutes