After attending this program, participants will be able to:
• Identify controversies in the definition and clinical management of neonatal hypoglycemia.
• Discuss clinical situations in labor and birth impacting neonatal resuscitation and outcomes.
• Describe how evidence-based skincare practices can protect the newborn's skin microbiome.
• Examine recent trends in perinatal and neonatal litigation and the role of the nurse to provide safe care.
• Discuss the role of human milk oligosaccharides and their influence on the infant gut microbiome and the prevention of dysbiosis.
• Discuss the clinical utilization of probiotics in the NICU, including safety concerns and implementation strategies.
• Explain the role of the gut microbiome and its association with feeding intolerance in the neonate.
RN CE credit: 3.5
RD CPEU credit: 3.5