Learn how to easily build a modern web API in Python with FastAPI and then deploy it to production with HTTPS, powered by Traefik, to serve all your cloud needs.
We will start with a simple FastAPI application developed locally and end with it deployed on a remote DigitalOcean cloud server, properly secured and served with HTTPS using Traefik.
In this event we will see, step by step, how to:
* Create a simple FastAPI application, running locally.
* Create a Docker image for our application, using the official Docker images for FastAPI.
* Run and test it locally with Docker Compose.
* Set up a remote cloud server in DigitalOcean from scratch.
* Install and configure the necessary components.
* Configure the DNS records for the domain.
* Configure and set up Traefik in the cloud server.
* Add the necessary configurations to connect the FastAPI application with Traefik.
* Transfer, build, and deploy the application.
* Review how Traefik acquires and updates the certificates with Let's Encrypt.
* Check and ensure that HTTPS is working.
I'm @tiangolo (Sebastián Ramírez), the creator of FastAPI, Typer, and other open source tools.
I'm currently a developer at Explosion in Berlin, Germany.