After attending this program, participants will be able to:
• Describe sources, benefits, and challenges in the clinical utilization of pre and probiotics in the NICU.
• Discuss non-pharmacological and pharmacological approaches to managing infants exposed to maternal opioid and marijuana use during pregnancy.
• Explore self-care techniques that will assist in stress management and improve coworker interactions.
• Identify strategies to individualize the feeding of human milk to high-risk newborns.
• Discuss the role of human milk oligosaccharides and their influence on the infant gut microbiome and the prevention of dysbiosis.
RN CE credit: 6
RD CPEU credit: 6