Join us for “Sacredness of Water: a Kickoff for a Year with Water” in partnership with the Louisiana Interchurch Conference!
This event will be a theological foundation of faith leaders addressing the sacredness of water especially as it relates to Louisiana. We will bring together a diverse group of leaders of faith-based organizations and faith leaders to examine our physical, spiritual, cultural and socioeconomic dependence on this life-sustaining resource. Participants will explore emerging threats to water, useful sources of information, and ethical actions that we may take to protect this most profoundly sacred gift.
- Father Dan Krutz, Executive Director of the LIC, and facilitated by
- Rob Gorman, Retired Executive Director of the Catholic Social Services.
- Rev. Dr. Kristina Peterson, Chair of the Environmental Stewardship Commission of the Louisiana Interchurch Conference
The panel will include:
- Avery Lamb and Karyn Bigelow, Co-Directors of the Creation Justice Ministries
- Sharon Lavigne, Goldman Environmental Awardee and environmental caregiver
- Rev. Gregory Manning of the Greater New Orleans Interfaith Climate Coalition
- Cindy Robertson with Episcopal Disaster and the Micah 6:8 project.
The webinar will conclude with a closing prayer delivered by the Rev. Dr. Tolbert, former President of the LIC. Elder Rosina Philippe, Atakapa-Ishak/Chawasha Tribe will bless our gathering and sacredness of place.