Using pieces of personal experience as a child witness to domestic violence and subsequent adult abusive relationship as a backdrop, Lovern Gordon will show:
• How easy it can be to fall into an abusive relationship.
• Effects of being a child witness to violence.
• What constitutes a healthy relationship vs an abusive one.
• How to safely end an unhealthy relationship.
• How to help someone in need and become active bystander.
This workshop will raise awareness around the issue of abuse, empower the audience to become bystanders in and around their communities, and show there is life after abuse.
If you have any questions or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact MOVA at MOVA@mass.gov.