April 14th, 2021 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
This 3-hr virtual education symposia will begin with two general presentations and participation in 1 breakout session.
12:00 PM General Session
The COVID-19 Pandemic: A Year Later, What We Have Learned, Lost, and Rediscovered
Charitha Gowda, MD, MPH, MSCE
The epidemiology, clinical manifestations and diagnosis of COVID-19 disease. Public health interventions, consequences and associated mitigation strategies.
- It’s Essential: Taking Care of YOU So you Can Take Care of Patients
Eileen T. O’Grady, Ph.D., NP, PCC
The burden COVID-19 has placed on Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and strategies to improve resilience and self-care.
2:00 PM Breakout Sessions (Select 1)
- Care and Complications: Nutrition Support for the Hospitalized Adult COVID-19 Patient
Jan Powers, PhD, RN, CCNS, NE-BC
The nutrition care and complications of the adult COVID-19 patient and strategies for feeding in the prone position.
- Post Infection Observations and Needs of the Adult COVID-19 Patient
Tarun Kapoor, MD; Angela Skrzynski, DO; Jeannie Hendricks, RDN
Opportunities for the multidisciplinary team and nutrition interventions to address long-term consequences and care of COVID-19 patients
- Multisystem Inflammatory Disease in Children (MIS-C): What do We Know?
Guliz Erdem, MD
The incidence, management, and ongoing research on MIS-C focusing on the association between MIS-C and Kawasaki disease.
- SARS CoV2 Treatment in the Pediatric Patient
Garrett Hunt, MD, MPH, DTM&H
The treatment strategies and complications in pediatric patients with the diagnosis of COVID-19.
- COVID-19, Babies and Nutrition: Questions and Answers
Sharon Groh-Wargo, PhD, RDN
The impact of COVID-19 on care of high-risk newborns, and neonatal nutrition care during the pandemic.
- Resiliency 2.0
Eileen T. O’Grady, PhD, NP, PCC
New strategies on successful habit formation and goal attainment & the practices that promote self-regulation and self-authorship.