KACIE Strategies will host a webinar on the Impact of School Closures on Children with Disabilities.
Cindy Shin (Founder/CEO, KACIE Strategies)
• Alexis Casillas (Legal Director, Learning Rights Law Center)
• Alice Kuo, MD (Professor and Chief, UCLA Medicine-Pediatrics, American Academy of Pediatrics - California Chapter 2)
• David German (Attorney at Law
, Vanaman German LLP)
Topics of discussion include:
• Challenges of distance learning for children with disabilities
• Are children receiving adequate support & services during the pandemic?
• Special education legal rights
• Reopening of schools & in-person services
• COVID-19 vaccinations & safety measures
• How will school districts help children transition back once schools reopen?
• Free or low-cost legal services (list provided).