During this webinar, Simon will outline the concept of Reverse Auctions and two key features of this process: Contracts for Difference (CfDs) and evaluation criteria (including requirements for local content). Simon will draw on examples from the use of these processes in wind and solar, including lessons learnt and how they can be used in other areas of Australia’s clean energy future, such as hydrogen.
Facilitated by NERA CEO Miranda Taylor, this one-hour webinar will feature:
• An introduction and background on the concepts of Reverse Auctions and Contract for Difference (CfDs)
• How the evaluation criteria is used for projects submitted through the Reverse Auctions process
• The ongoing benefits to community of local content requirements and community benefit sharing
• Lessons learnt from wind and solar Reverse Auctions
• The potential role of CfDs and Reverse Auctions in supporting hydrogen development
• Live Q&A