One of the four goals of BillingsWorks is “Alignment with Education: Ensure the alignment of education and training systems with current and future workforce demand. Promote educational opportunities to community partners and communicate demand/need for potential workforce.”
This session features local experts in the education and business sector to tell us all of the cool and innovative things going on in their worlds that relate to aligning education with workforce needs! Be prepared to leave this session with new ideas that you can implement in your organizations and new ways you can connect your organization to the education sector to build your talent pipeline! Q & A to follow!
This session will be facilitated by BillingsWorks Steering Committee Member, Dan Carter, Exxon Mobil and feature:
· Katie Meier, Teacher of Medical Careers at the Career Center |Importance of high school level programs and trainings
· Jamie Hovey, Senior Accountant at Wipfli | Robust internship program
· Dean Vicki Trier, MSUB City College | Statewide partnerships they are creating to develop relevant career pathways
· Liz Ching, Department of Labor | Apprenticeships and the importance of trades
· Joshua Toenyes, Cardsetter | Entrepreneurship, Tech, Code School
Don’t forget that by attending each session, you are automatically entered to win ONE of TWO Better Off in Billings Giveaways!
[On the final day we will be announcing 2 WINNERS for our Better Off in Billings Giveaways packages. Check out the events page to see what cool prizes you as an attendee can win. (HINT: the more sessions you attend, the more your name will be put into the hat for the drawings!)]
Go to our events page to check out ALL of the sessions we will be featuring this week!