To celebrate IDAHOBIT, join us for our Trans Rights Index and Maps Launch webinar!
This year, the COVID-19 health and socioeconomic crisis makes the urge to fight for trans and gender-diverse people’s rights and dignity even more pressing. While the most marginalised trans communities are among those most impacted by the crisis, some governments are using the pandemic as an excuse for violating trans people's human rights. We will not let COVID-19 silence us!
| PROGRAMME |
1. Introduction to the Index and the work TGEU is conducting
- Europe: Leo Mulió Alvarez, TGEU Health Officer
- Central Asia: Sanjar Kurmanov, TGEU CACEE Project Manager
2. Local situations and latest developments
- Hungary: Tina Kolos Orban, Co-founder & Vice President of Transvanilla and TGEU Co-Chair
- Iceland: Ugla Stefanía Kristjönudóttir Jónsdóttir, Chair of Trans Ísland
- Kazakhstan: Timofey Shenker, Co-founder of Alma-TQ and TvT Regional Coordinator
- North Macedonia: Lila Milikj, Co-founder of TransformA
3. Q&A and wrap up
Looking forward to seeing you there!
--- The webinar will be: recorded, translated in Russian (afterwards) and live-captioned ---