Session Objective: To provide a practical approach to helping children develop a deep sense of number.
• To explore key aspects of number sense that are crucial in Upper Key Stage 2, including a deep understanding of decimal numbers and fractions as numbers
• To highlight a range of ideas for helping children read, write, order and compare numbers up to 10,000,000 with understanding (with the help of Dave’s character Papa Titioning!)
• To explore ideas for helping children to count in powers of 10, and count with and interpret negative numbers within a context
• To explore ideas for developing understanding of different types of number (e.g. squares, primes etc.) and the importance of prefixes in helping identify value
• To equip delegates with practical and engaging ideas to help children work confidently with Roman numerals