Join LatinoJustice PRLDEF and HNBA's Law Student Division for a Documentary Screening & Discussion about the film Bad Hombres on September 15th at 4:15PM-5:30PM.
The conversation will center around the history of systemic dehumanization and criminalization of LatinX communities within the United States by government, law enforcement, educational, and legal institutions and how that has contributed to our such communities becoming one of the fastest growing population groups in the U.S. prison system.
- Greeting by Valentina Ortega, HNBA Law Student Division Chair
- Introductory remarks by Elia Diaz-Yaeger, HNBA President
- Introductory remarks Lourdes M. Rosado, President & General Counsel, LatinoJustice PRLDEF
- Jac Quiles Nohar, HNBA Region II Deputy Regional President
- Juan Cartagena, former President, LatinoJustice PRLDEF
- Jorge Renaud, National Director of Criminal Justice Reform, LatinoJustice PRLDEF
- Carlos Sandoval, Director/Producer, Bad Hombres
- HNBA Law Student Division