REVAMPING THE DOC INDUSTRY - EP.2 DIVERSITY & INCLUSION, THE INITIATIVES DRIVING ACTION, NOT JUST TALK!
After tackling the issue of regulating streamers* as part of our year-round Passport to Sunny Side of the Doc for industry professionals, the second chapter in our series of talks devoted to revamping the documentary industry will focus on the issue of diversity and inclusion.
In the wake of the #MeToo and #BlackLivesMatter movements, the industry has grown more aware of the need to better include and represent a diversity of talents and voices. From ‘no diversity, no commission’ policies to the leverage of public funding, how are self-regulation and regulation turning the tide?
- Anna Serner, chair of the EFAD Gender & Inclusion Working Group at Swedish Film Institute
- Sarah Brunet, Policy Officer at Creative Europe MEDIA - European Commission
- Tamara Dawit, Tamara Dawit , Strategy Lead, Equity and Inclusion at CMF - Canada Media Fund
- Alessia Sonaglioni, Executive Director at EWA – European Women’s Audiovisual network
- Jake Wiafe, Senior Content Editor at Real Stories
- Amelia Hanibelsz, Executive Producer at USC Shoah Foundation
In cooperation with EFAD (European Film Agency Directors association) and the Institute of Documentary Film (IDF).
This session will be moderated by Mathieu Béjot, Director of Strategy and Development at Sunny Side of the Doc.