Boards are steadily making progress in terms of their capability, focus and impact in this area yet most have gaps, and few are at a stage where they would say that DEI is a true strength in their work.
Moderated by Rachel O’Connor, join WATSON senior governance consultant, Jodi Butts, and guest panelist David Simmonds as they discuss what comes next in DEI. They’ll look at how boards can get ahead of the curve and be ready for the next conversations in DEI. This is about what your board can do to feel truly ready for whatever might come next.
• Where most boards are focused today
• Where they need to expand their thinking and their work
• What leading boards are doing
We’ll bring the topic to life by combining WATSON’s knowledge with real-world insights from guest panelist, David Simmonds, who sees this topic from multiple vantage points: as a director, an executive, and an advisor. We’ll be sure to leave ample time for Q&A and discussion so we can tap into the wisdom and experience of the group.
When: January 25, 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific
• Rachel O’Connor: Rachel, Leadership and Performance Practice Lead, is a key leader for strengthening the DEI through-line in all of WATSON’s work.
• Jodi Butts: Jodi, a senior governance consultant at WATSON, has that much sought-after governance trifecta: professional experience as a lawyer and as a senior executive, combined with hands-on board experience. Jodi brings her knowledge supporting organizations in areas from human rights to diversity to ensuring accessible work environments.
• David Simmonds (guest panelist): David is the Global Chief Communications and Sustainability Officer with Great-West Lifeco & Canada Life, a director on multiple boards, and a strategic advisor, panelist, and educator. He brings experience, insight, humour, and energy to the conversation about where boards are and where they need to go next.