Discussions about commercial AI and data ethics unavoidably run into the challenge of aligning ethical principles with the dictates of the market. Some have even questioned whether such an alignment is possible at all. This conversation will reflect on the roles and responsibilities of actors such as universities, startup accelerators, and companies large and small in shaping AI and data ethics in practice. What are pivotal moments in the development of a technology where ethically relevant choices can lead to different outcomes? How can future impacts be anticipated and assessed from an ethical perspective?
- Imre Bard, Researcher, JUST AI network
In conversation with:
- Andrew Strait, Associate Director, Ada Lovelace Institute
- Libby Kinsey, Head of Data Science Strategy and Operations, Ocado
- Mona Sloane, Fellow at the Institute for Public Knowledge (IPK), New York University
- Shannon Vallor, Baillie Gifford Chair in the Ethics of Data and Artificial Intelligence, Edinburgh Futures Institute
- William Isaac, Senior Research Scientist, DeepMind
Live (real-time) captioning will be provided for this event, if you have questions or request for access, please contact: email@example.com.