** PLEASE NOTE THAT REQUIRED DATASETS HAVE BEEN CHANGED. USE LINKS BELOW TO DOWNLOAD "EMPLOYEES" AND "FRANKEN" CSV FILES PRIOR TO CLASS.
This is the second of two introductory lessons on cleaning datasets obtained online or through public records requests. Before attending this class, it's recommended that you first view Data Cleaning 101 which can be found at nefac.org.
By attending this second lesson, you will:
- Advance your data cleaning skills with OpenRefine.
- Learn how to import dirty data from websites and increase memory in OpenRefine.
- Build your facet and clustering skills.
- Learn how to split and merge data.
Requirements Prior to Class:
- Download OpenRefine (free) software.
- Download the following datasets:
(1) http://www.nefac.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Employees.csv (2) http://www.nefac.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Franken.csv