Many teams are struggling to work remotely because the basic access and communication needs of every team member have not been addressed - and because the usual ‘workarounds’ managed readily in the shared office environment are no longer readily available:
• How do colleagues with visual or hearing or dexterity related disabilities, or those from neurominorities, participate in video meetings, and access team documents, via platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Team, Skype, Cisco WebEx?
• Which are the most accessible and why?
• What access features are built into our existing technology that we may not be using? E.g. accessible PowerPoint presentations.
• Can we access Sign Language interpreters remotely?
• How do disabled colleagues working on their phones access our mandatory training programmes as well as our virtual meetings?
• How simple communication protocols can make all the difference. - e.g. sending PowerPoint presentations to a blind colleague BEFORE the digital meeting.
• How do we minimise the pain and debilitating injuries triggered by working in noisy, cramped, uncomfortable ‘non-office’ environments - and whose job is this?
This Masterclass Webinar is for those responsible in multinational organisations for ensuring remote working liberates every employee’s productivity, while enhancing their well-being and engagement, and should be essential learning for:
• ILO Global Business Disability Network members
• team leaders
• workplace adjustment service managers
• technology support services
• Learning & Development
• Diversity & Inclusion
• IT Procurement
• Health & Safety
• Occupational Health
Live captioning will be provided for this webinar.