Session Objective: To provide a practical approach to helping children develop a deep sense of number.
• To explore the foundations for developing number sense in Lower Key Stage 2, including the introduction of decimal numbers
• To appreciate the importance of using manipulatives, images and story to help children develop a solid understanding of place value in three- and four-digit numbers
• To highlight a range of ideas to help children count in different multiples with confidence and understanding, using key models and images that highlight the patterns in our number system and lay the foundation for knowledge of multiplication tables
• To explore ideas for helping children confidently read, order and compare numbers beyond 1000
• To equip delegates with practical and engaging ideas for helping children work confidently with Roman numerals and to raise awareness of other number systems