The Why and How to teach spelling and the rules explained. Spelling is necessary for all and crucial for some.
COST: $105 +gst Attendees will be invoiced for this webinar
This webinar is an introduction to building a whole school consistent approach in spelling.
As teachers it is important we know why and what to look for so we can directly teach. Do you give words or do you teach spelling? During this series, you will learn why spelling (alphabetic principle) is fundamental to success in literacy. We will share examples of what a systematic and cumulative approach in spelling looks like.
Throughout the series you will:
* Learn many spelling rules and concepts
* Understand the difference between phonology, high
frequency words, irregular words and sight words
* Understand why having a consistent approach to the
teaching of spelling is not only important but necessary
* Develop an awareness of why some programmes seem to
work and others don’t
* Determine what your next learning steps are
* Become prepared to walk back into school the next day with
many more answers around what an evidence-based
approach to spelling looks like
* Gather the tools and develop the necessary confidence to
begin to truly teach spelling and make a bigger difference to
every student but particularly those neurodiverse learners
in your classroom
The webinar series runs over two consecutive evenings. Both must be attended to complete this short course.