JJoin SLO based professional nature photographer Nic Stover for a two-day session on Photographing Coastal Landscapes.
This 2-day workshop will increase your understanding of how to prepare for and execute more impactful seascape images.
Some of the topics covered in this class include but are not limited to.
1. What are the biggest challenges to seascape photography?
2. How can we most effectively plan our images using PhotoPills and Tides Near Me along with understanding the weather and dealing with the marine layer.
3. What are the most typical composition rules to be aware of and follow in your image captures?
4. How can we use inherent and subtle mood lines in our images to bring forth emotion and increase the impact of our images.
5. How to find new and interesting places along the Coast that are not typically visited.
The first workshop will also review some best practices for coastal milky way/night photography, considerations for intimate (small scene) landscapes, and a review of some of my most popular images where I will talk about the Technique and Vision that went into my images.
The second workshop on will be all about processing. Covering topics such as;
1. What is your philosophy for image processing?
2. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Processing.
3. Are you practicing best practices in the field to give you the best chance when you get back to your PC?
This will also be the time we get hands on experience with your own images. We will go through images you have taken and just can’t get something right, images that were more vivid in the field, and look at ways to fix minor irritations and distractions.