This LIVE virtual field trip will connect 6th-12th grade students with an Ohio soybean farmer for a ride-along in his combine during soybean harvest.
- Get a live tour of an Ohio soybean farm during harvest
- See the latest technology as you ride along on a tractor
- Hear how engineering design improves equipment like a planter
- Discover the wide variety of uses for soybeans in our everyday lives
- Learn what happens to soybeans after they leave the field
- Learn about trade/distribution and the impact of soybeans locally and across the globe
- Find out how farm ecosystems work, including how soil health, weather/water cycles, and inputs contribute to yields
- Find out about the variety of careers available for STEM students in agriculture
- and more!
This trip is available to watch two ways so that students can participate whether they are in the classroom or learning remotely at home.
IF YOU ARE A SCHOOL TEACHER/ADMINISTRATOR, please complete and submit the form on this page to register for this trip. Upon registration, you’ll receive an email with instructions for connecting via Zoom if you will be in the classroom the day of the trip. You’ll also receive the link you can share with students to watch the live stream of the tour should they be joining remotely from home.
IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR STUDENT, there is no need to register. Please visit https://www.facebook.com/ohiosoybeancouncil/live_videos at 1 p.m. on Oct. 13 to watch this live trip.