With the outbreak of the worldwide pandemic, guidance from provincial and national bodies requires layering strategies from the “hierarchy of controls” regarding infection prevention & control. This course explores two essential concepts for operator & patient safety. We will examine the hierarchy of management and how these principles apply to dentistry. Second, we review ergonomics that will promote operator comfort during dental hygiene care with specific attention to HVE use during aerosol-generating procedures. By the end of this course, the learner will identify dental examples in the hierarchy of controls, their relative levels of protection, and viable solutions to decrease physical injury.
The Objectives of the webinar:
1. Describe COVID 19 transmission theory as it applies to oral health care.
2. Discuss the hierarchy of controls.
3. Explain the layering principle & why it is important for infection prevention & control.
4. Examine novel safety innovations for a relative position on the hierarchy of controls.
5. Identify practical solutions that will provide greater protection for patients and the dental team.
Webinar sponsored in part by Prodaptive Medical Innovations Limited.