The apparel market is at a crossroads. Brands know that there is an urgency to reduce their environmental impact and improve the relationship with their workers. But change is tough. From complying with regulations to increasing product durability and ensuring worker safety, there is a lot to digest. For those that manage to deliver on the stakeholder demands of today, there lies an opportunity to lead the way into a new era of retail.
This week, Compare Ethics collaborated with Apparel Insider to shine a light on the greenwashing landscape in the fashion industry and celebrate the brands getting it right.
But for many independent business leaders, the journey to accurate and compliant impact communications remains a challenge. Global regulations and rules around what can and can’t be said are coming in hot and fast. Most businesses are struggling to keep up.
To help you regain confidence in your product impact claims, we’ll be talking to two independent fashion entrepreneurs from Sabinna and VAER to uncover:
- What does it mean for independent fashion brands to be compliant, today?
- Is it ever appropriate to use claims such as “sustainable” and “circular”?
- What are the challenges for independent brands when making environmental claims?
- How does transparency of product impact information unlock revenue?
- What are some actionable steps independent fashion brands can take now?
Plus, there will be a live Q&A at the end. So that you can get the insights you need to help you grow your apparel business in a way that is transparent, compliant and measurable. We want to make this session as useful and as engaging as possible!
Time: 14:00 (UK)
Date: Wednesday 27 July 2022
Recording available to all registered participants.