Even prior to the COVID pandemic, work was required in the Canadian environment to ensure that the harmful consequences of COPD exacerbations could be reduced. The medical community, as well as patients, still failed to perceive the gravity of COPD exacerbations, which can result in negative outcomes, including morbidity and death. As we now come out of a period of prolonged social distancing and isolation, and start to be exposed to infections and other aggravating factors again, there is a concern regarding the surge in exacerbations for people with COPD.
Join our experts in this FREE 60-minute accredited webinar and learn more about what you can do help reduce the harmful effects of COPD exacerbations (reported and unreported) that can result in morbidity and death.
- Recognize the missed opportunity of making a diagnosis of COPD
- Offer an effective treatment for patients presenting with an “exacerbation like event”
- Understand the challenges the patients face, specific to an exacerbation of COPD
- Discuss the importance of mortality in COPD, in particular as a complication of COPD exacerbations
- Target "the right patient for the right treatment" in order to reduce morbidity and mortality
- Know how to optimize the pharmacological therapy linking to "Living Well with COPD program" and the use of the written action plan.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program (MOC) of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the Canadian Thoracic Society. You may claim a maximum of 1.0 hour (credits are calculated automatically).
This program is co-developed by the Canadian Thoracic Society, RESPIPLUS™️ and AstraZeneca and is planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.