The Union of BC Municipalities is pleased to present a new resource guide for local governments to support their work in building new child care in B.C. communities.
The guide, Stepping Stones: Child Care Planning Guides for BC’s Local Governments, was developed with funding from the Government of BC and written by SPARC BC and consultant Sandra Menzer.
Stepping Stones offers local governments best practices in five key areas:
1) Developing a child care strategy and plan;
2) Local government’s role in facilitating, securing and financing child care;
3) Local government’s role in designing and building child care spaces;
4) Local government regulations and provincial licensing processes; and,
5) Working with child care operators.
The guide, along with the related templates and sample documents, can be downloaded from the UBCM website after February 6: https://www.ubcm.ca/EN/main/resolutions/policy-areas/health-social-development.html
Registration for the webinar is open until February 19th.