This briefing is based on the discussion of experiences and practices of a cross-sector task force of CISOs. Practical guidance is provided to CISOs who are new to their roles or their companies. Guidance centers on answers to questions relating to the following topics: (1) boardroom responsibilities and authority; (2) what board members want to know about the company’s security posture; (3) how board members are evaluating CISOs; (4) how to approach your first board meeting at the company; (5) what CISOs should present; (6) what questions may be asked; (7) how to address security disconnects between senior management and the Board; (8) how to convey bad news; (9) strategies for a successful meeting; (10) how to use the Board meeting to your advantage; and (11) the impact of new regulations on reporting requirements (e.g., SEC).
Sections of the following task force deliverables that will be share during the briefing are:
• A CISO’s Quick Guide to Success in the Boardroom
• Cybersecurity Collaborative Board Presentation Template
Please join members of the Task Force as they share key insights in how CISOs can successfully navigate the Boardroom.
Executive Sponsors, Panelists, and Moderator:
• Sydney Klein, CISO, Bristol Myers Squibb (Executive Sponsor)
• Roland Cloutier, CISO, TikTok (Panelist)
• Ben Corll, CISO, The Coats Group (Panelist)
• Renee Guttmann, Former CISO Coca-Cola, TimeWarner and Founder CISOHIVE
• Tom Scurrah, V.P. Cybersecurity Programs and Content, Cybersecurity Collaborative (Moderator)