In this two-part workshop for the Class of 2021 you'll learn how to write an effective personal statement and great supplemental essays for each college. On September 16 students participate in a webinar on:
• how essays are used in the application process
• guidance on choosing topics
• writing tips for personal statements and school-specific essays
• Dos and Don’ts
• brainstorming exercises for the personal statement, and
• suggested timeline from topic selection through final edits.
A one-on-one follow-up session offers personalized help on the aspect the student needs most: finalizing topics, brainstorming for school-specific questions, crafting a "why" or "fit" essay, feedback on rough drafts, or final proofread. (Additional follow-up sessions can be booked separately.)