Please join us for an online session dedicated to exploring the implications of the Climate Change Committee’s advice on the Sixth Carbon Budget for Scotland.
This session will consider:
• Scotland’s contribution towards the Sixth Carbon Budget and implications for Scotland’s emissions in the 2030s
• Emissions pathways for Scotland, sector-by-sector
• Implications for Scotland’s targets under the Climate Change (Scotland) Act
About the Sixth Carbon Budget
The Sixth Carbon Budget, required under the UK Climate Change Act, will provide UK Ministers with the Committee’s recommendation on the level of greenhouse gases the UK as a whole can emit during the period 2033-2037. Supported by ground-breaking new analysis from the Climate Change Committee, the Sixth Carbon Budget will set out for the first time the detailed pathway to meeting the UK’s Net Zero target in 2050. It includes considerable new insights and policy advice.
About the event
• 13:00-14:00, Wednesday 9th December
• The event will include an overview of the implications of the Sixth Carbon Budget for Scotland from the Climate Change Committee secretariat
• The event will be chaired by Professor Keith Bell, the Climate Change Committee’s Scotland Champion
• There will be an opportunity to ask questions