Join the Presidents’ Alliance and TheDream.US for a one-hour rapid response briefing on the proposed rule to fortify DACA. Speakers will address the legal context and implications of the proposed rule, what it means for current and prospective DACA recipients, and how campuses can engage in submitting comments. The event will also include discussion of the prospects for legislative action regarding undocumented students and other Dreamers and the urgency for advocacy by higher education leaders and communities. Resources will be provided.
- Shoba Sivaprasad Wadhia, Samuel Weiss Faculty Scholar, Clinical Professor of Law; Director, Center for Immigrants’ Rights Clinic, Penn State University
- Hiroshi Motomura, Susan Westerberg Prager Distinguished Professor of Law; Faculty Co-Director, Center for Immigration Law and Policy, University of California Los Angeles School of Law
- Dan Berger, Partner, Curran, Berger & Kludt, LLP
- Cezanne Hayden-Dyer, Student, Miami-Dade College; Presidents' Alliance Fellow
- Jose Magaña-Salgado, Director of Policy and Communications, Presidents' Alliance