This discussion with leading figures from the world of journalism and media will discuss:
- How does the media effect the tone of political debate? Does it respond to the tone of politics or vice versa?
- What role - if any - should the media play in helping create a more inclusive, compassionate, and respectful atmosphere in politics?
- How do we combat fake news?
- Does traditional media have a problem with race, sex, and gender representation?
- Amber de Botton, Head of UK News, ITV
- Katy Searle, Executive Editor, Politics BBC News
- Haroon Siddique, Senior Reporter at the Guardian
- Justin Byam Shaw, Chair of ESI Media which owns the Evening Standard and Independent newspapers
- Rachel Sylvester, columnist for the Times