This class will discuss the air sealing requirements of the IECC, all of which are mandatory, as well as some new flexibility added in the 2021 IECC. The audience will learn what air sealing details are needed for compliance with the visual inspection tables, as well as air-tightness testing requirements in the code. The class will focus on successful strategies for meeting code air sealing targets.
• Summarize Minimum Code Requirements
• Describe the energy code compliance path options and required information/documentation for typical permit applications, compliance information on construction documents, and completion documents/certifications
• Recognize a variety of energy code compliance options related to common decision points in construction
• Identify specific areas identified in the code for inspection of insulation and air sealing
• Describe a plan for compliance given several unique compliance scenarios
• Identify common areas of risk
• Explain how code and building science best practice address these areas of risk