Please join us for a discussion on CDM transition options. In the lead up to COP26 in Glasgow, with crucial questions still on the table for Article 6, the webinar will present updated research from NewClimate Institute and Öko Institut.
Speakers will introduce the context and different elements of any possible transition of CDM elements to the Paris era, present updated numbers on the potential supply of credits from the CDM portfolio under a range of scenarios and highlight critical implications of possible policy decisions under consideration.
In addition to sharing the independent research, the event will feature interventions from key Article 6 negotiators and facilitate an open discussion between attendees.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the event.
• Introductory remarks from the German Federal Ministry for Environment - Silke Karcher (BMU)
• Overview of CDM transition elements under consideration - Lambert Schneider (Öko Institut)
• Credit supply potential under selected scenarios and implications for alignment with Paris goals - Harry Fearnehough (NewClimate Institute)
• Response from Kazuhisa Koakutsu (Ministry of the Environment, Japan) and Q&A
• Conclusions on further work - Thomas Forth (BMU)