Wednesday 30 June
This Pride, join us for an extravaganza of ideas with LGBTQIA+ thought leaders. You’re invited to a unique seven-person dialogue: The Long Queer Conversation.
Once again Pride will look and feel very different this year - so we’ve been working with our two guest curators Jamie Windust and Reeta Loi to try something new this year.
Featuring seven amazing speakers from the LGBTQIA+ community with hugely different and exciting perspectives to share with you, we are thrilled to welcome to the stage:
- LGBTQ+ author, presenter and model, Jamie Windust
- Activist, music artist and writer, Reeta Loi
- Material scientist and TEDxLondonWomen speaker, Dr Clara Barker
- Intersex activist and creative consultant, Anick Soni
- Sexual health and wellness specialist and author, Ruby Stevenson
- Artist, curator, editor, writer and educator, Sunil Gupta
- Award-winning busybody, and recovering academic, Rob Berkeley
How does it work?
The Long Queer Conversation is a unique chain of conversations.
Each speaker will be on our virtual stage for 20 minutes, first as an interviewee and secondly as an interviewer, where they are all united by one common question: “How has community changed for you in the past year?”
Expect no moderators, no scripts, no rules. This free flowing format aims to allow our expert speakers to set the agenda and speak what’s on their mind.
How do I join?
This unique online event to celebrate Pride 2021 is free for all to join. Click on the link below to register. We can’t wait to see you there! Spaces are limited – so sign up quickly to avoid disappointment!
At TEDxLondon we love challenging the status quo and sharing ideas worth spreading, so we hope you’ll be able to join us for this exciting conversation where we will push the boundaries of our (virtual) event world, to bring you something we’ve never done before.