Presented by Eric M. Roher, Senior Counsel and National Leader of the Education Law Group of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
COVID-19 pandemic has impacted many areas of school operations, including enrolment contracts, employment agreements, student transportation contracts and facilities agreements. This session will review:
· Should schools add an addendum to their contracts for the 2020–21 school year that specifically mentions provisions for remote learning and force majeure?
· What specifically does force majeure protect?
· What language should be included in future contracts, specifically to help protect schools from potential liability?
· Under what circumstances might a prorated refund be offered?
· Should schools ask parents to sign a COVID waiver before permitting students to attend school?
· Should specific language be included in contracts for schools with student residences?