Flexibility and sensitivity in the bow hand and arm are essential for the development of an artistic technique. In this webinar, violinist and pedagogue Caron Chan will focus on teaching a balanced and flexible bow hold, which allows for the transfer of natural arm weight into the string for optimal tone production and stroke development.
The presentation will provide ideas and exercises for teaching including:
• a balanced, flexible and sensitive bow hold
• transfer of bow weight from the heel to the tip
• the feeling of horizontal resistance to the string
• straight bows and bow changes
• preparatory & follow-through movements of the bow