This year, Nordic Maritime will focus on promoting the Nordic sustainable shipping and port operations, OceanTech, green maritime innovations, and show how we support businesses, research and academic cooperation with Singapore and the Southeast Asian region. It will be held in conjunction and co-located with the annual Singapore Maritime Week organised by the Maritime & Port Authority of Singapore.
16:05 Welcome Remarks by H.E. Eivind S. Homme, Ambassador of Norway to Singapore, Royal Norwegian Embassy
16:15 Opening Address by Mr. Andreas Nordseth, Director General, Danish Maritime Authority
16:25 Opening Address by Ms. Quah Ley Hoon, Chief Executive, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
16:35 Topic Keynote: Decarbonising the maritime industry – what will it take and where do we start? by Mr. Bo Cerup-Simonsen, Chief Executive Officer, Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller Center for Zero Carbon Shipping
16:50 Panel Keynote Introduction by Dr. Mikael Lind, Senior Strategic Research Advisor, Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE)
17:00 Panel Discussion: Collaborative Alignment for a Sustainable Ocean Economy
• Moderator: Dr. Mikael Lind, Senior Strategic Research Advisor, Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE)
• Mr. Bo Cerup-Simonsen, Chief Executive Officer, Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller Center for Zero Carbon Shipping
• Prof. Lynn Loo, Chief Executive Officer, Global Centre for Maritime Decarbonisation (GCMD)
• Mr. Esa Lindqvist, Chief Advisor, Maritime and Ports, Business Finland
• Ms. Cristina Saenz de Santa Maria, Regional Manager, Region South East Asia, Pacific & India, DNV Singapore Pte. Ltd.
17:40 MOU Signing Ceremony: Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE) and the Singapore Maritime Institute (SMI)