In this webinar, guest speakers David Evans MD, FACS and Katie Porter Starr PHD, RDN will cover the following learning objectives:
• Recognize factors in older adults that contribute to nutritional and surgical risk.
• Identify ways to improve the nutritional status of patients through perioperative optimization and ERAS protocols.
• Share practical experience and learnings from implementing ERAS nutrition protocols into patient care.
• Discuss the latest enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) guidelines and nutrition components.
• Discuss how multidisciplinary teams can incorporate perioperative nutrition into their practice.
• Identify challenges associated with implementation of perioperative nutrition across patient types.