The UK government has pledged the country will be a ‘world leader’ in green finance. From the launch of the UK Infrastructure Bank to mandatory climate risk reporting and the Bank of England’s new green mandate, progress has been made. But financial flows are yet to align with net zero and the Paris Accords.
Ahead of the Glasgow Climate Summit what more changes can we expect to see? How is the private sector managing current policy change like climate disclosures?
Hear from a panel of policy and business experts on where we might go from here.
• Sam Alvis, head of green renewal, Green Alliance
• Hon James Shaw, New Zealand minister of climate change
• Zoë Knight, managing director and group head of the HSBC centre of sustainable finance
• Martha McPherson, sustainability director, Design Portfolio
• Carsten Jung, senior economist, IPPR
• Bess Joffe, head of responsible investment, Church Commissioners for England
The event will include a live Q and A with the panellists.