Exciting news for the entrepreneurship community, particularly in Europe! GEM is planning to publish a European Regional Report this Fall, with the support of Shopify, a commerce platform that enables entrepreneurs to start their businesses irrespective of location.
With this in view, GEM is hosting a webinar on the “State of the Art” of European Entrepreneurship on 28 June 2022 at 15:00 CET. GEM Senior Research Advisor Professor Niels Bosma of Utrecht University, Netherlands and GEM Germany Team Leader Rolf Sternberg of Leibnitz University Hannover will discuss preliminary results gleaned from the 2021/22 GEM Global Report that was launched earlier this year. With some 23 years of collected data, GEM has lots to contribute. You can expect discussion to focus on the following, with examples drawn from the UK, Netherlands and Germany:
- The impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on European entrepreneurship and perspectives during the recovery period
- Just how challenging is it to start a business in Europe?
- Where does entrepreneurship thrive in Europe, and why?
- How do European entrepreneurs think?
- Who are starting businesses in Europe, and why?