Please join us for an online session to discuss financing Net Zero.
The CCC’s Sixth Carbon Budget identified a need for a programme of low-carbon investment reaching £50 billion/year by 2030. This event considers the Climate Change Committee’s advice on how to finance the Net Zero transition as part of the Sixth Carbon Budget, informed by the CCC’s Expert Advisory Group on Finance. The group was commissioned by the CCC as part of its work on the Sixth Budget to assess the UK financial system’s ability to deliver the Net Zero target.
It will include presentations from the CCC and the Chair of the Finance Expert Advisory Group, Professor Nick Robins.
• 10:00-11:00, Wednesday 27th January 2021
• The event will be chaired by Baroness Brown of Cambridge, Deputy Chair of the Climate Change Committee and former non-executive Director of the Green Investment Bank
• Guest speaker: Professor Nick Robins, Professor in Practice - Sustainable Finance, at the Grantham Institute in the London School of Economics
• Presentation from the CCC secretariat
• The session will include time for comments and questions to the panel.
About the Path to Net Zero series
The Path to Net Zero series explores the Climate Change Committee’s advice on the Sixth Carbon Budget, focusing on the delivery of Net Zero as part of the UK’s contribution to stopping global warming.