Join the launch event for ClimateWest, a new non-profit regional hub that will deliver credible climate information, data, and adaptation guidance tailored to the Prairie region. ClimateWest will work with people, communities, businesses, and governments across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta to help address both the risks and opportunities generated by climate change.
At the event, we’ll hear from ClimateWest’s Executive Director Jane Hilderman, as well as guest speakers who will expand on the importance of ClimateWest's ambitions:
• Terry Duguid, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Climate Change
• Hon. Sarah Guillemard, Minister of Conservation and Climate, Government of Manitoba
• Hon. Warren Kaeding, Minister of Environment, Government of Saskatchewan
• Dr. Richard Florizone, President & CEO, International Institute for Sustainable Development
• Dr. Thomas Chase, Interim President and Vice-Chancellor, University of Regina
• Dr. James Currie, Interim President and Vice-Chancellor, University of Winnipeg
The launch will also include a short moderated discussion with opportunity for Q&A.
ClimateWest launches on the heels of the recently released Prairie Chapter of the national assessment process (led by the Government of Canada, changingclimate.ca/regional-perspectives/chapter/4-0), which affirms the Prairies as Canada’s second fastest warming region due to climate change. While many are assessing climate risks and developing adaptation strategies, more must be done to prepare for the future. ClimateWest seeks to address such challenges, and build climate resiliency across the Prairie region.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Follow ClimateWest on Twitter @climatewest_ca & Facebook @ClimateWest_CA